Lead a testing team which ensures quality and performance of our Unreal Engine based game client and our AWS based API backend.
Illuvium Labs is an independent game development studio based in Sydney, Australia. We develop blockchain based games for the Illuvium DAO. We have developed a strong culture of independence with our team, preferring candidates who can articulate their own vision and goals. We operate almost entirely remotely so each team member designs their own hours and work schedule. In the end all that matters is the delivered product. We hire based on people’s abilities to adapt and change quickly, valuing underlying core abilities above specific skill sets.
Define test strategies to ensure we maintain a high standard in regards to functionality, usability, and performance
- Develop and maintains for the QA function including resource forecasting, timelines, and estimates
- Develop plans for thoroughly testing game builds for gameplay experience as well as glitches and bugs
- Assist with the planning of security, BCP and other test related activities
- Execute manual and automated tests
- Assemble test results into documents suitable for a wide range of audiences (from executive summaries to detailed bug reports)
- Manage a small team of game testers and API testers
Skills & Qualifications
Because of the dual nature of the role (covering the testing of both game and backend systems) we are seeking someone who is an expert in one of these fields with some experience in the other. Games industry experience is preferred.
- At least 5 years experience in video game testing, ideally with a AAA studio or large indie
- Experience utilizing and assessing test results from real users gained via mechanisms such as a private beta release
- Some experience with automation testing and API testing
- Familiarity with test automation tools such as Cucumber, Postman, Selenium, SoapUI, HP Test Suite, etc
- Experience leading a small team
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and keep up to date with a fast-moving technology landscape
- You must be able to perform hands on testing work, this role has a significant management component but you are still expected to be able to do as well as manage
- Anticipate long-term issues and problems, but also be mindful of the present
- Work independently but also engage with the team
- An interest in gaming, blockchain, or both
This job is 100% remote