IllFonic is looking for a Lead Programmer to work in Unreal Engine 4. Responsibilities include developing systems and major features for multiple projects. The job requires extensive experience with C++, source control and a bachelors degree OR 4 years of relevant experience. Also required is experience with modern game platforms, multiplayer games, and to have a shipped title under your belt.
Qualified applicants will need to send a resume as well as interview both over the phone and in person in order to be considered. We are looking for team players that are interested in growing with the company for many years to come. Please include anything else that you think helps us understand how you can make IllFonic a better place to work!
Founded in 2007, IllFonic (IllFonic, LLC) is an independent video game developer with studios in Lakewood, Colorado; Tacoma, Washington; and Austin, Texas. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Titles and collaborations include Predator: Hunting Grounds, Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, and Nexuiz.
Available Office Locations
Tacoma, WA | Lakewood, CO | Austin, TX
- Mentor other programmers, helping them grow and develop
- Debug any engine, gameplay or software issues that may arise
- Provide direction and guidance to other programmers
- Involvement with design decisions and meetings, evaluating technical practicality
- Write and review technical design docs for feature implementations
- Perform code reviews
- Provide accurate estimates and delegate tasks on a project
- 5+ years game industry experience
- Strong C++ development skills
- Strong experience with source control
- Experience with development of at least one shipped title
- Experience with modern game platforms (PC, Xbox One, PS4, Switch)
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with profiling and optimization techniques
- Experience working on multiplayer games
- Familiarity with different game engine architectures
- Familiarity with a wide range of gameplay systems including AI, physics, networking and rendering
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with C# and Python