Senior Gameplay Programmer
id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is looking for an experienced Game Programmer to join our team to work on some of the industries most celebrated and popular AAA titles. You will work closely with programmers, game designers, and artists to implement and improve fun game features for rewarding customer experiences.
- Responsible for any aspect of gameplay programming from invention and prototyping to full implementation.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable C++ code.
- Work with the Lead Project and Lead Game Programmers to design and architect major gameplay systems.
- Pro-actively communicate with artists and designers.
- Capable of quick iteration and feedback loops while working with the team
- 5+ years in the games industry.
- Strong C++ coding and design experience.
- At least one shipped title where credited as a Programmer.
- Excellent math skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, but able to receive constructive feedback and integrate into work.
- Comfortable working within a team environment that encourages strong software engineering, coding standards, and code reviews.
- An understanding of and appreciation for milestones, schedules, deadlines, and efficient game development processes.
- Must be willing to take a Programming Test.