id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking a Gameplay Designer to join our team.
Do you obsess over how long the telegraph on an AI attack should be? Do you fire a weapon in a game and break down why it feels so good to shoot? Do you play the latest game modes and think about why they work or why they don’t? If you are the type of person who lives and breathes how it feels to play games, then you’ve come to the right place.
We are seeking a talented GAMEPLAY DESIGNER to come help us make industry-leading weapons, AI, progression systems, and player mechanics for AAA single-player action-FPS games. You will work closely with Game Directors, fellow Designers, and multi-discipline feature teams to help plan, prototype, and build systems that players will enjoy for years to come.
- Work closely with the game director and design leads to execute on the vision for the game
- Use your creativity to execute on design goals and solve design challenges that push our games forward
- Create detailed and easy to follow design documentation
- Participate in brainstorm sessions, refine, and execute on ideas within a schedule
- Use our proprietary toolset to craft and execute on game features from prototype to shipping quality
- As a feature owner, collaborate with artists, engineers and other designers to execute on design implementation and problem solving
- Collaborate and provide feedback to leadership and other members of the team to continuously improve our products
- Work with directors and leads as we review the success of current systems and initiatives as well as brainstorm new solutions
- In-depth knowledge of recent id games
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a variety of established game toolsets
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with cross disciplinary groups
- Ability to work proactively as part of a team
- Strong presentation skills
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a design capacity on PC or console games
- Prefer experience shipping a AAA game
- Candidate must be willing to take a short design test