id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking a talented Environment Artist to join our team in making AAA games.
The ideal candidate will have some experience with Next-Gen asset creation, high poly/low poly modeling, and PBR texture creation, in addition to world building knowledge. This job is a very versatile position that will use all aspects of your industry knowledge to create props, textures, and environments that stride to set the new industry standard in visuals.
- Work collaboratively with art director, concept artists and environment artists to create the game environments.
- Create models, textures and set pieces, based on concept art and the need of the project.
- 3+ years of game or film industry experience as an Environment Artist
- Familiarity with working on futuristic hard surface modeling
- Some experience with world building, texturing and lighting inside a game editor such as Radiant, Unreal or comparable editor
- Some experience in environment asset creation using contemporary, real-time rendering methods
- Understanding of modern 3D modeling packages
- Solid team player with strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Self-motivated and focused worker with good communication and collaboration skills
- Willingness to undertake technical R&D related to game environments creation
- Good time management skills and efficient development processes, and the ability to apply those principles towards effectively meeting schedules and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be willing to take an art test
- Please ensure that a link to your portfolio / website is included on your resume.
- Significant contributions to at least 1 AAA shipped game or film
- Familiarity with the id Software family of engines, tools and material creation