Associate User Researcher
id Software is looking for an entry level user researcher to join our team. The Bethesda User Research Team, located at id Software, provides user research services to all ZeniMax Media studios around the world. Our team has worked with some of the most influential and critically acclaimed titles from Arkane Studios, id Software, Machine Games, Tango Gameworks, ZeniMax Online, and several other studios in the ZeniMax family.
- Recruit, screen, and schedule participants for user research studies (in person and remotely), including methods such as: play tests, usability tests, contextual interviews, surveys, etc.
- Assist with the planning, design, and execution of user research studies from start to finish with the support of a small user research team
- Moderate user research studies and log observation notes
- Edit video capture from playtests
- Prepare and analyze raw data from various sources to develop actionable insights for reports
- Developing knowledge of user research (usability, interviews, surveys, contextual inquiry, etc.) or other research for video games or related media
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Broad knowledge of gaming genres including Shooters, Action, Horror, Stealth, RPG, MMO
- Good organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Degree in psychology (cognitive, behavioral, experimental, social, etc.), human computer interaction, human factors, or equivalent user research experience
- Experience with conducting user research on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch
- Familiarity with Jira, Hansoft, or other task tracking and project management software
- Qualtrics experience is a plus
- Personal interest in video games and/or video game industry