Economy Designer / Balance
Location - Kelowna, Vancouver, Seattle or Remote from Canada, Washington or California state. We are open to providing relocation and work permit assistance for international candidates relocating to British Columbia (Canada).
The Game Economy Designer will contribute to the evolution of our existing titles and design our in-game events and economy to make our worlds even more fun for our players. A Free2Play economist who continuously balances and fine-tunes our games through defining data-driven metrics and implementing features and events that enhance and elevate our player’s experience.
As an ‘accountant’ for the game, you’re skilled with numbers, know your way around a spreadsheet and have strong experience in game balancing. You’re an experienced designer that can take an idea and drive it forward. You create visions that define core game loops, design features and rely on both your creativity and data to understand the player's needs and wants.
An Economy Designer’s Impact
- Design and prototype features for our games
- Release new features and content during live services
- Utilize analytics to provide actionable recommendations
- Understand mobile players’ behaviours and latest business model trends
- Contribute in a highly creative environment, implementing unique concepts & solutions
- Utilizes the analytical side before unleashing creativity
Your Track Record Includes
- 2+ years balancing economies as a game designer - you know best practices
- Great understanding of games, economy, balance, game design, game mechanics, as well as story and character design
- Can leverage data to communicate what it takes to make an amazing player experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with user acquisition, player retention, engagement, monetization and how to translate analytics into actionable game features and balancing game economies
- Understanding of micro-transactions, F2P core game loops and pinch points
- Up to speed with trends in mobile gaming
- Strong mathematical abilities and mad spreadsheet balancing skills
- Idle game experience or interest is a HUGE plus
- Ability to script in google app script or other abilities to create tools is also a plus
Hyper Hippo Welcomes Everyone to Apply!
Hyper Hippo is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate every single person and what makes them unique. Having a workforce composed of individuals with different experiences and backgrounds allows our team to make better decisions and create new and exciting ideas to bring to our players. We strive for every Hippo to feel a true sense of belonging and trust.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use and please reach out if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salary and extraordinary incentive plan tied to company goals
- Extended health, dental & vision benefits, a health & wellness spending account, and an employee & Family Assistance Program
- 3 weeks vacation + paid winter holiday closure + 10 paid personal/sick days per year
- Annual $3,000 self development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it!
- Work Style Benefit - $100/month stipend to help cover the cost of parking, home internet, fitness apps - whatever you need to be comfortable working from home or in one of our hub offices!
- Home Ergonomic Benefit for your home office - $1,000
- Paid short or long term parental leave
- Charitable gift matching up to $1,000 per year for recognized causes that you support + 3 paid volunteer days per year
We’re Digital First!
- We have 3 hub offices located in Kelowna, Vancouver and Seattle along with remote employees across North America
- Our hub offices are accessible and set up to accommodate your preferences; from casual drop-ins, to a dedicated desk, it’s up to how you work best!
- If you’re based outside of one of our office hub locations, you can work remotely, with some occasional travel to BC
What We’re Building at Hyper Hippo Entertainment
Hyper Hippo is an award-winning entertainment studio, driven to entertain, connect, and inspire billions of fans around the world.
Founded in 2012, by the creator of Club Penguin, Lance Priebe, Hyper Hippo is the studio behind the smash-hit idle games, AdVenture Capitalist (with 50+ million players), and AdVenture Communist - a cult mobile hit. Hyper Hippo brings together an exceptionally creative team that is relentlessly focused on innovating and exploring new forms of entertainment.