(Closed) Experienced Software Engineer (Omen Team/Gaming Services)
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Leads a project team of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software applications engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- This will be around 90% Windows Application Development (C#) with supplemental C++ development.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Considers themselves a gamer and is knowledgeable with competitive gaming and esports.
- Enjoys an R&D environment creating new features and new products.
- Must be collaborative and must thrive in a team environment.
- Needs to have a passion to develop, willingness to learn, try new things, and staying current with technology.
- Critical skills:
- Experienced with win32 and/or UWP development
- Strong knowledge of C# development or other OO language (Java)
- Writes reusable, testable, and efficient user interface code
- Knows general tools such as Visual Studio, Git & GitHub, and Jenkins
- Understanding of unit test development and mock objects
- Knows agile processes, CI/CD, and the Gitflow Workflow
- Familiar with a variety of software patterns and principles
- General knowledge:
- Understanding of client-server architecture
- Consuming RESTful APIs
- Base security concepts
- Interprocess communication
- Basic knowledge of C++
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing software applications running on multiple platform types.
- Software applications testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.