(Closed) Social Media Manager
We are looking to expand our diverse and talented team at Hotdrop; we are always on the lookout for like minded and passionate people to join our team. Even if the role below is not suitable for you, we will still be happy for you to reach out.
Hotdrop is the comprehensive esports and gaming creative marketing agency that takes clients through ideation to execution with creative, authentic and high-quality ideas in all formats. Founded in 2019, Hotdrop’s experienced, diverse team of passionate industry leaders has worked with tournament organisers, teams, brands and government-backed research initiatives to successfully connect them to endemic esports and gaming audiences.
This is a remote UK role. UK residents only will be considered for selection.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for planning, executing and monitoring the company's Social Media strategy for partners in order to increase brand awareness, improve Marketing efforts and increase engagement. This should be carried out by creating engaging text, image and video content.
- Collaborate on content strategies and set short-term targeted goals
- Work with internal departments locally and globally on content for social media whilst adhering to brand voice with high-quality output
- Perform live social media coverage for tournaments and events
- Manage Social Media team across varying types of output and partners
- Manage social media content calendar, execute tasks and ensure daily deadlines are met
- Identify reactive, relevant content topics for ad-hoc output
- Deliver engaging content on a regular basis and liaise with team members to create regular and relevant content to be posted for partners
- Write, edit, proofread social media posts
- Optimize content for SEO
- Execute sharing of content through current company channels as well as exploring additional spaces ensuring strong web presence
- Execute, assist with maintaining and monitor all social media accounts and websites
- Monitor social posts to receive audience feedback, generate ideas to increase engagement, and activate business development opportunities
- Align on-topic ideas and create content pieces; work with the team to draft content pieces; revisions/edits to be incorporated and finalized
- Conduct Social Media research to provide more understanding on performance and generate more growth to the platforms
- Contribute to creating deck slides, and reports for external partners and internal teams.
- Reporting of results to the Managing Director
Responsibilities may alter to suit the companies needs and will be reviewed on a regular basis.
- 2 Years+ of proven work experience in managing varying social media accounts within the esports industry
- 2 Years+ Proven experience covering esports tournaments in a live coverage format
- Expertise in social media platforms trends
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, writing and editing skills in English
- Proficient in Adobe Suite Applications such as Photoshop
- Understanding of web publishing requirements
- Ability to learn new Adobe Suite Applications such as After Effects
- Hands on experience with converting content ideas into finished products with multiple teams
- A strong aspiration to adapt and learn new skill sets
- Self Starter approach to work
Please fill in the application by supplying a covering letter that includes your earliest starting date. Add the requested CV documents in PDF format. Please also ensure if you have any portfolios of proven work to have these included in either the covering letter or CV. Hotdrop are a living wage employer and offer competitive salaries. Please express your salary expectations during the interview process.