(Closed) Website & Social Content Associates
We’re looking for three full-time Website & Social Content Associates to coordinate our website content, manage our social media accounts and provide support to our users.
The ideal candidates would be people passionate about esports and gaming who would consider themselves to be dedicated, honest, reliable and trustworthy.
There is no experience requirement but attention to detail, common sense, organisational ability and writing skill are all of paramount importance.
These positions are all based out of our office in Newcastle upon Tyne, England and each successful candidate will be paid the real living wage of £9.30 per hour.
Interested? Read on…
IN THESE ROLES, YOU’D BE EXPECTED TO:
- Check and edit, then either approve or reject, any new company and/or job submissions in the Craft (content management system) back-end of our website.
- Source new esports and gaming jobs from other platforms and transfer them to ours, ensuring that the visual formatting of each one is impeccable.
- Use Buffer (social media management platform) to schedule high-quality promotional Tweets for new, reposted and promoted roles.
- Respond to all user queries on Drift (live chat), email and social media in a timely and professional manner.
- Be unafraid to ask us questions if you’re ever unsure about anything.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU’RE:
- A gamer who is already very familiar with what we do here at Hitmarker. You love this industry and understand the responsibility that managing operations for us would entail.
- Tech-savvy and an avid user of social media, particularly Twitter. You’re going to need to get to grips with Buffer, Craft and Drift quickly if you don’t have experience with them already.
- Personable, quick-thinking and passionate about helping people. You’ll also need a keen eye for detail and to have strong time management, organisational and writing skills.
- Someone who would consider themselves to be extremely dedicated, honest, reliable and trustworthy.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY, YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Been alive for at least 16 years. These are all full-time positions with all of the associated legal benefits and employment rights that come along with them.
- The existing legal capacity to live and work full-time in the United Kingdom. We are unable to provide work visa sponsorships for any of these roles.
- The ability to start working in Newcastle from early 2020. We’d love to have everyone here in January, but understand that relocation can take time.
- Your own laptop. We try to allow people to work from home whenever we can, so it’s important that you have the means to operate from anywhere.
IF YOU’RE HIRED, YOU’LL GET:
- The real living wage of £9.30 per hour, regardless of your age. We work 35 hours a week, so this adds up to an annual salary of £16,926 in year one.
- 28 days of paid holiday time, inclusive of bank holidays, which we’ll expect you to take. Holiday doesn’t carry over year-to-year, so you either use it or lose it.
- The promise of a raise after your first year, along with entry into our company's options pool so that you can own a stake in Hitmarker. All of the full-time staff we’ve hired so far have received both of these, as well as promotions.
PLUS SOME OTHER GREAT BENEFITS LIKE:
- Relocation assistance. If you need to move here to join us, we’ll help you out.
- Flexible shift patterns and lots of opportunities to work remotely (if you like to).
- Any extra equipment you need to perform your role to the best of your ability.
- A relaxed office with great colleagues (and tunes) in a fantastic city-centre location.
- Free drinks and snacks, with input into what we order week-on-week.
- A PS4, Switch, Xbox One and pool table at your disposal on a daily basis.
- Regular team outings for all staff birthdays and any other special occasions.
STILL INTERESTED? THEN IT’S TIME TO:
Apply with (1) a UNIQUE version of your cover letter and (2) an up-to-date CV.
Applicants who take the time to tailor their cover letter to our company and this specific job description will be given preference.
Remember that we see hundreds of cover letters every week and can spot a copypasta a mile away. Please don’t waste our time (or your own) by applying with a cover letter that you’ve used for another application in the past.
We'll reply to every single application we receive.
These positions will be open until Friday 13th December at 5pm GMT.