(Closed) iOS/Android Developer
We’re looking for a full-time iOS/Android Developer to take the lead on the development of Hitmarker mobile applications for Android and iOS.
The ideal candidate would be someone who knows about esports and gaming who has successfully built and shipped an app (or apps) in the past, either individually or as part of a team.
There is no experience requirement, but having a working knowledge of the general mobile development landscape, a good understanding of the full application development lifecycle and the ability to work relatively autonomously are all of paramount importance.
This position is based out of our office in Newcastle upon Tyne, England and the successful candidate will be paid the real living wage of £9.30 per hour in year one.
Interested? Read on…
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’D BE EXPECTED TO:
- Build out proofs of concept and prototypes for a Hitmarker mobile application on both Android and iOS.
- Develop applications with reusable code and future-proofed libraries.
- Utilise RESTful APIs to connect applications to our back-end services and cloud message APIs for push notifications.
- Conduct code tests to check for robustness, including edge cases, general reliability and usability.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU’RE:
- A developer with a working knowledge of the general mobile development landscape, including architectures, emerging technologies and trends.
- Someone with a good understanding of the full application development lifecycle, from setup, through development and distribution, to support.
- Proactive and unafraid to be given a blank canvas to work from, but ideally experienced with GraphQL and/or JSON-based application development.
- Willing to take ownership of development projects and to lead them, in addition to being capable of working closely with a design team.
- Able to operate within our existing continuous integration framework.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY, YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Been alive for at least 16 years. This is a full-time position with all of the associated legal benefits and employment rights that come along with it.
- The existing legal capacity to live and work full-time in the United Kingdom. We are unable to provide work visa sponsorship for this role.
- The ability to start working in Newcastle from early 2020. We’d love to have you here in January, but understand that relocation can take time.
- Your own laptop. We try to allow people to work from home whenever we can, so it’s important that you have the means to operate from anywhere.
IF YOU’RE HIRED, YOU’LL GET:
- The real living wage of £9.30 per hour, regardless of your age. We work 35 hours a week, so this adds up to an annual salary of £16,926 in year one.
- 28 days of paid holiday time, inclusive of bank holidays, which we’ll expect you to take. Holiday doesn’t carry over year-to-year, so you either use it or lose it.
- The promise of a raise after your first year, along with entry into our company's options pool so that you can own a stake in Hitmarker. All of the full-time staff we’ve hired so far have received both of these, as well as promotions.
PLUS SOME OTHER GREAT BENEFITS LIKE:
- Relocation assistance. If you need to move here to join us, we’ll help you out.
- Flexible shift patterns and lots of opportunities to work remotely (if you like to).
- Any extra equipment you need to perform your role to the best of your ability.
- A relaxed office with great colleagues (and tunes) in a fantastic city-centre location.
- Free drinks and snacks, with input into what we order week-on-week.
- A PS4, Switch, Xbox One and pool table at your disposal on a daily basis.
- Regular team outings for all staff birthdays and any other special occasions.
STILL INTERESTED? THEN IT’S TIME TO:
Apply with (1) the latest version of your CV and (2) links to the apps you’ve either built and deployed yourself, or as part of a team.
We’ll reply to every single application we receive.
This position will be open until Tuesday 17th December at 5pm GMT.