Hit Factor is looking for a talented Game Designer to join our growing team. As a Game Designer you will use your expertise and creativity to support our first party development team. We expect a strong understanding of player experience, system design and balancing. Our Game Designers work closely with developers, artists and other designers, and are able to iterate quickly to create amazing games to delight millions of players around the world.
If you are passionate about game systems and mechanics, if you love analyzing various digital and board games, and love working with people, you might be a great fit for the Hit Factor’s Design role.
- Work closely with design leadership and cross-functionally with art, engineering, and product management on the design and implementation of new game features. Build and lead the implementation of fun, engaging in-game events and other game content.
- Build clear and complete game design documentation for game systems and features. Assess and apply qualitative and quantitative feedback to improve game design and balance.
- Iterate in Unity to adjust and improve existing assets and mechanics.
- Identify challenges with gameplay mechanics, game content, and workflow processes and find creative solutions via rapid prototyping (digital and analog).
- Motivate and inspire the team with new ideas.
- 2+ years of professional experience in game design (or equivalent coursework) with preference for PC gaming experience.
- Deep understanding of basic economy balancing and tuning.
- Experience building in-game content designed to appeal to a specific audience.
- Experience writing clear and concise specification documents, user flows, and feature documentation.
- Solid knowledge of free-to-play games in general.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
- Some C# and Unity knowledge.
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with the MOBA and RTS game genres on PC.
- Familiarity with game live operations.
- Familiarity with premium games (i.e. games with a purchase price).
- Experience in designing cooperative and/or player vs. player experiences.
- Blender or other 3D software.
- Some C++ and Unreal Engine.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher.