Associate Game Designer
Hit Factor is looking for an Associate Game Designer to join our growing team. As an Associate Game Designer you will support our design efforts while improving and fine-tuning your design skills. Our design team works closely with developers, artists, producers and product managers to produce the best possible experience and entertainment for our players around the world.
For this role professional game design experience is not expected, however you must be passionate about game systems and mechanics, and have an open mind about F2P strategies.
- Work closely with design leadership and cross-functionally with art, engineering, and product management on the design and implementation of new game features. Build and lead the implementation of fun, engaging game content.
- Build clear and complete game design documentation for game systems and features. Assess and apply qualitative and quantitative feedback to improve game design and balance.
- Use Unity and other tools to improve game experience.
- Prototype ideas and communicate them with the wider team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Some understanding of current game industry trends.
- Some understanding of basic economy balancing and tuning.
- Some experience building in-game content designed to appeal to a specific audience.
- Some experience writing clear and concise, intelligible documentation.
- Some knowledge of free-to-play games in general.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analytical mindset.
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with the MOBA and RTS game genres on PC.
- Some C# and Unity.
- Familiarity with premium games (i.e. games with a purchase price).
- Blender or other 3D software.
- C++ and Unreal Engine.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher.