Software Engineer (Mid/Senior)
We're looking to add a mid/senior engineer to our highly experienced, professional, and pragmatic engineering team. Our engineers all have a love of games and contribute both creatively as well as technically to our projects. This is a full time position, based in Melbourne, however a remote position may be considered for the right candidate.
In this role, you'll be using C# and Unity to work with a small in-house development team on our massive viral hit, Crossy Road. You’ll have the opportunity (and bragging rights) to contribute to our flagship game which is enjoyed by millions of players globally. You'll create new content for regular updates, as well as maintain the project to preserve compliance with various platforms and devices.
- You’re an experienced cross-platform games engineer, having worked on several published titles and contributed to their ongoing maintenance
- You enjoy the challenge of learning and improving an established codebase
- You work well independently and can set milestones, while still being an excellent team player
- A portfolio of shipped titles on a variety of platforms
- 4+ years experience as a programmer in commercial studios
- Experience with Unity game engine
- Solid skills in C# with ability to write clean, modular, and maintainable code
- A good sense of "game feel" and how to get the most out of a simple or limited control scheme
- Must be legally able to work in Australia
- Lifecycle experience publishing and optimising titles for Apple, Google Play, and Amazon app stores
- Demonstrable skills or interest in game design, art, UX or other cross-disciplines
- Strong linear algebra and 3D math skills
- Demos and code samples are always fantastic to see
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the role, as well as a CV outlining your experience to the email behind the Apply button with [POSITION TITLE - YOUR NAME] in the subject.
Applications close Friday, 15 January 2021.