FX Technical Artist
High Voltage is looking for a FX Technical Artist to join our team. A successful candidate should have a strong sense of dramatic effects and an understanding of how to recreate them in a particle editor, has shipped multiple projects using UE4, and is comfortable working closely with a cross-disciplinary team to improve processes for artists.
- Trouble shoot technical art issues
- Build Modules in Niagara to simplify complex workflow for less technical FX Artists
- Advance pipeline and processes to leverage new engineering functionality
- Spearhead new tools and techniques to increase the skills and knowledge of the FX team
- Execute outstanding effects for our games by bringing dramatic effects to life
- Create art needed for the visual effects, include FX concept, proto and final FX
- Execute on a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized
- Export assets and implement into UE4
- Test and verify work on target hardware
- Links to outstanding portfolio (required)
- Resume (required)
- Shipped multiple titles within the game industry
- Familiarity with the Unreal 4 Engine art pipeline
- Passion for high-quality FX and tools, and a drive to make a positive impact on the technology and workflows
- Proficient with visual programming using nodes such as Unreal Blueprints/ Niagara/ Materials, Houdini Graphs, or directly writing HLSL or C++
- Experience with offline fluids, scripting, and vector math
- Strong understanding of real-time rendering
- Knowledge on real-time data usage and retrieval with Unreal Editor
- Desire and knowledge of how to push our effects pipeline and custom editing tools further
- Experience working with multiple platforms memory limitations
- Ability to work well within a team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to take critique and art direction
- Passion for video games
- Abilities in a secondary discipline, such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon.
- Only online artwork submissions are accepted.
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
- All positions are located at our office in New Orleans, LA or Hoffman Estates, IL.
How can High Voltage supercharge your future?
High Voltage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.