Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company’s history – and one of the most exciting times to join us!
We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Technical Artist with a focus on characters and rigging to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking worlds and player experiences, then this may be the position you’ve been waiting for!
- Working with established proprietary rigging and animation system within digital creation tools.
- Collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of Coders, Artist and Technical Artist cultivating a positive team dynamic.
- Work quickly and effectively to support content creators.
- Skeleton creation, high quality realistic skin weighting, and animation rig creation.
- Maintain, contribute, and improve on existing proprietary python tools, code base and systems.
- 3+ years' experience in technical art or animation roles
- Professional or personal experience working with real time game engines.
- Proficiency in building skeletons, skinning and rigging in Maya.
- Good understanding of proprietary engine and related tools.
- Strong artistic skills and working knowledge of 3D art production.
- Solid understanding of Python tool and pipeline development.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with the development team.
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Must be flexible and comfortable with prototyping and quick iteration.
- An adaptable and continuous learner.
- CS or Technical Art Degree.
- Knowledge of real-time physics and ragdolls, pre-baked simulation, or shader creation.
- CPU and GPU performance profiling.
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Bungie’s Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. We employ more than 100 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision.