ACI Participant (Full Time) - HICON Games LLC, Concept Artist
HICON Games is a Hawaii based, video game development company set out to create video games for people in Hawai'i and beyond. "Huli," a milk cap mobile game, is the first of many video games that HICON developed. Our next project will be a story driven game infused with Hawaiian mythology, characters, and locations. HICON Games is looking for a talented and passionate Concept Artist excited to work on our current and future projects. Qualified candidates will work alongside our story team and create artwork that will set the tone and style for our game environment. Our ideal candidate is excited about creating immersive environments and has a good understanding of Hawaiian culture, landscapes, and organic environments. If you are passionate about video games, concept art, and have a strong portfolio, come join our team!
- Creating quick sketches of environments, characters, items, and other art to define artistic vision and support game design.
- Create reference artwork to guide our 3D team in creating assets.
- Create artwork that will drive the setting and mood of specific environments or characters.
- Produce creative designs from initial sketches to final concepts.
- Draw storyboards which will illustrate the movement of FX and FX animations.
- Actively contribute to the growth of HICON Games.
- 2+ years of experience creating high-quality 2D art, concepts, and designs for games.
- Highly proficient in Photoshop.
- Understanding of traditional artistic skills, composition, rendering, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, character, and graphic design.
- Solid drawing fundamentals, along with traditional painting and rendering techniques.
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to observe, research, and analyze a variety of subject matters (i.e., history, architecture, construction, and how things are made).
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Demonstrate a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Must be comfortable with learning new tools, including some of the game tools. Note: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Web based portfolios are preferred.
- Knowledge of 3D applications like Blender, Maya, Zbrush, Sketch-up, etc
- Familiarity of Hawaiian culture or other indigenous first nation experience
Employment Type: Full Time
Remote Type: Fully Remote
Compensation: $15.00 to $25.00 / Hourly