Unannounced Project - Senior Environment Artist
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a Senior Environment Artist to work on our unannounced project! This will be a fully remote role.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Senior Environment Artist does at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Develop high quality 3D assets ranging from hard surface to organic models.
- Craft environment and level related meshes, materials, and textures according to best practices within an Unreal development pipeline to maintain a visual style and optimal performance.
- Collaborate with leadership to critique work and iterate where necessary.
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit poly counts, draw call limits, texture memory, gameplay space collisions.
- Refine and interpret concepts to better adhere to design and technical constraints.
- Implements defined tasks of team / projects.
- Supports attainment of some short- and mid-term objectives of assigned team / projects.
What we are looking for:
- 5-7 or more years experience with environment art in a production environment.
- AAA game development experience.
- Professional experience and understanding of stylized art style.
- Passion to learn and teach new methods and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Maya and or 3DS Max, Photoshop.
- Strong understanding of Unreal Engine.
- Comfortable working quickly within an iterative development process.
- Comfortable receiving and giving constructive criticism and making artistic adjustments.
- Ability to lead small teams.