(Closed) Unannounced Project - Environment Texture Artist
Hi-Rez Studios is hiring an experienced Environment Texture Artist to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia on an unannounced project.
This art position requires an excellent comprehension of architecture, material use, and construction principles, as well as a master level understanding of light, color, form, and spatial relationships. The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of the game development process and proven ability to create textures and materials effectively for a 3D game environment.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm Royale, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we enhance and expand our online action games!
What our Environment Texture Artist do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Develop high quality, realistic textures to help create a materials library.
- Understanding in creating and editing tileables.
- Strong sculpting and painting abilities.
- Excellent grasp of strict environment art texel allocation and uv mapping.
- Understanding of vertex texture blending techniques.
- Author new materials and edit current ones using UE4 that are performant and look good.
- Manage texture and shader efficiency within the materials library.
- Quality control of texture maps prior to publishing to ensure consistency.
- Match art styles defined by the art director and concept art.
- Collaborate and work closely with the Art Director, CG Supervisor, Lead Environment Artist, Concept Artists, and Level Designers to problem solve and create visually stunning maps that accentuate game play.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years experience as Environment Artist or Texture Artist.
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional environment pieces as well as examples of development and production work.
- Strong understanding of realistic texture creation, and strong technical skills.
- AAA game development experience.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Max or Maya, and UE4. Experience with Zbrush.
- Thrives upon change.
- Comfortable working quickly within an iterative development process.
- Comfortable receiving constructive criticism and making artistic adjustments.
- Able to work effectively within game design and tech constraints.
- Passion for games.
- Strong work ethic