(Closed) SMITE - Environment Concept Artist
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Environment Concept Artist to work for our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia, on SMITE. This position can be done remotely in the US or the UK.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm Royale, and Rogue Company, as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Environment Concept Artists do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of stylized art.
- Explore a wide variety of ideas for environments for stylized art.
- Strong use of research and reference material that supports idea generation, problem solving, and level inspiration.
- Works closely with Art Director and Environment Art Lead to keep quality and style consistent across all Environments and Concepts.
- Craft concepts for environment and level related meshes, materials, and textures according to best practices within an Unreal Engine development pipeline.
- Participate in critiquing your work and the work of other artists.
We are looking for someone with:
- 2+ years of experience creating concept artwork for games, film or animation.
- Portfolio with examples of stylized props and environments for game production.
- AAA game development or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Max or Maya. A plus would be extensive knowledge of Unreal Engine.
- Experience creating functional and stylized designs for environments and props.
- Experience putting together thumbnails, moodboards, color comps.
- Strong grasp of composition, color theory, value, form, scale, shape language, and silhouette, especially within stylized art.
- Proficiency with Photoshop for asset creation.
- Willingness to receive constructive criticism and make artistic adjustments.
- A passion for creating and playing video games.
Preferred candidates have:
- Degree or formal art education in illustration or traditional painting.
- Background in industrial, architecture or entertainment design.
- Experience with Photoshop and 3d modeling applications.
- Experience with Zbrush.
- Experience with Unreal engine.
- AAA game development experience.
- Experience with 3D software packages a plus.