Senior Web Developer
Hi-Rez Studios is hiring a Senior Web Developer to join our team! This position is open to candidates anywhere in the US (remote work welcomed).
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm Royale, and Rogue Company as we embark on exciting new online game projects.
What our Senior Web Developers do:
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, and information servers.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
Who we are Looking for:
- 6+ years of web development experience and a love of learning new technologies
- System admin skills: Basic Linux bash experience; ability to SSH into a server and troubleshoot; NGINX experience; Error log monitoring and processing; AWS experience (Setting up Instances, database installations, Security Group Management, Cloudwatch monitoring)
- Database skills: MongoDB querying and aggregation pipeline understanding; MySQL querying
- Advanced knowledge and/or experience in HTML5 and SCSS (animation is a plus)
- Knowledge of Wordpress CMS development including: Custom fields (ACF preferred), WP REST API and Wordpress maintenance