Rogue Company - Senior AI Designer
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced AI Designer to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia on an unannounced project.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins & Rogue Company as we embark on exciting new game projects!
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
What our AI Designers do:
- Work with lead designer to establish the game’s AI design and work closely with the programming team to implement design of the combat and AI.
- Create, script, and polish scenarios from paper planning to in-game implementation.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the AI during development, suggest fixes and help improve our systems.
- Enhance the usability and ease-of-use of our AI systems, collaborating with the Design team to improve our workflows and processes.
Who we are looking for:
- At least five years of game industry experience with at least one AAA shipped title.
- Prior experience in a mid-level design role.
- Clear understanding of the shooter genre and what makes combat engaging and fun.
- Ability to analyze gameplay mechanics and feature designs
- Understanding of game balance, including statistics, virtual goods, economics and user motivations
- Understanding of interaction design concepts and principles
- Able to excel in an rapid iteration environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required