(Closed) Rogue Company - Lead Level Designer
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a Lead Level Designer to join our Rogue Company team. The team is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. Work can be done remotely from anywhere in the United States.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Rogue Company, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Lead Level Designers do:
- Mentor, level up, and grow your team.
- Plan projects with company and development team stakeholders.
- Focus on solving customer problems with innovative solutions
- Thoroughly research and provide high level gameplay pitch for the map that's been issued to you.
- Create 2d layouts and 3d blockouts that are engaging and fun.
- Build levels from concept to final polish phase.
Who we are looking for:
- Experience with leadership of a design team.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and humble.
- Excellent cross discipline communication skills that allow you to hone in what is needed.
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- Love for online multiplayer shooters and designing levels for shooter titles.
- Experience creating levels that encompass the pillars of level design.
- Shipped AAA and/or free to play titles
- Experience using UDK or other level editing tools.
- Understands scripting languages and/or visual scripting languages such as Kismet or Blueprint.
- Experience rapid prototyping.
- Profound understanding of competitive shooter titles.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of Free-To-Play games.
- Prior experience working on a Free-to-Play or Games-as-a-service title.
- Prior experience working on a RPG or Cooperative Shooter title.