Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a games-loving Paralegal to work for our studio headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins & Rogue Company as we embark on exciting new game projects!
You as an Paralegal would:
- Draft simple form contracts according to business specifications;
- Assist with pre-defined contract management and generation processes;
- Manage, organize, reconcile, and maintain documents across multiple digital repositories;
- Edit, send and track documents for e-signature as directed by other members of the legal team;
- Collaborate with members of the legal team to develop and maintain a shared calendar tracking various deadlines and upcoming company releases; Assist with development of on-going departmental status reports;
- Research and provide high-level initial reports on various matters including, but not limited to, new regulations, laws, and trademark/IP issues;
- Assist with management of onboarding and internal approvals for consultants;
- Assist the Director of Legal Affairs in monitoring/making copyright filings and reviewing trademark reports;
- Assist with information collection for various regulatory filings; Assist with creation of presentation materials;
- Assist with billing for outside counsel and other matters; Nice to haves: Experience managing copyright and trademark portfolios. Excited to work in the video game industry.
We are looking for someone with:
- Certification or associate’s degree in paralegal studies (bachelor’s degree is preferred)
- A minimum experience of two years in a paralegal role
- Investigative mind and strong research skills
- Working knowledge legal database software
- Experience in preparing legal reports
- Excellent communication and time management skills
Preferred candidates have:
- Experience managing copyright and trademark portfolios nice, but not necessary