Paladins - Senior Gameplay Programmer
Hi-Rez Studios is immediately hiring an experienced Senior Gameplay Programmer to work on Paladins at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new online game projects.
What our Gameplay Programmers do:
- Design and architect new game enhancements and defects fixes using Unreal Engine 3.
- Design and architect other client or server systems as required.
- Test and refine systems throughout the development cycle of the project.
- Work closely with design and art disciplines in the development of products.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Participate in code and architecture reviews.
What we are looking for:
- Exceptional C/C++ design and programming skills.
- 5+ years of software programming experience.
- Background in math including Linear Algebra.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or similar discipline (Math, Physics, CE or EE) or equivalent experience thru professional game development, indie projects, or mods.
- Team-oriented but self-motivated.
- Thrives upon change.
- Comfortable prototyping and working with iterative development process.
- Passion for games.
- Strong work ethic.
- Problem solver.
Preferred candidate has:
- Gameplay programming experience.
- Experience with Unreal engine.
- Familiar with unrealscript, class structure of unreal, the ‘unreal way’ of developing games.
- Experience with Scaleform.
- Experience with animation subsystems.
- Knowledge of source control.
- Experience with PC/Windows programming.