(Closed) Paladins - Gameplay Programmer
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an innovative Gameplay Programmer to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia, on Paladins.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your creativity and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Gameplay Programmers do:
- Design and architect new game enhancements using Unreal Engine 3.
- Design and architect other client or server systems as required.
- Test and refine systems throughout the development cycle of the project.
- Work closely with design and art disciplines in the development of products.
- Write clear, maintainable, self-documenting, portable code.
- Participate in code and architecture reviews.
What we are looking for:
- Exceptional C/C++ design and programming skills.
- 2+ years of software programming experience.
- Experience with source control.
- Background in math including Linear Algebra.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or similar discipline (Math, Physics, CE or EE) or equivalent professional game development experience.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Team-oriented but self-motivated.
- Comfortable prototyping and working with iterative development process.
- Strong work ethic coming from a passion for developing games.
Preferred candidate has:
- Experience with programming online multiplayer games.
- Experience with Unreal engine.
- Experience with animation systems.
- Experience with cross platform development (Windows, Xbox, PS4, and Switch).