Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Lighting Artist to join Alacrity Arthouse, and work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Lighting Artist do:
- The lighting artist is expected to work both independently and with Art Directors and Art Leads on creating in-game lighting effects for AAA games and cinematics.
- Produce quality lighting effects at different stages of the production cycle
- Work on developing best practices and improvements for the lighting pipeline, and help set a standard and overall approach to the lighting solutions for all Hi-Rez projects
- Drive and concept lighting design and overall aesthetics from scene concepts and initial documentation
- Perform miscellaneous job-related as assigned
Who we are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in lighting for games
- Excellent eye for composition and color, a great understanding of light and shadow, and a strong ability to present games and cinematics at their highest level.
- Flexible and motivated artists who can collaborate well with other artists and disciples.
- Working knowledge of game engines such as Unreal Engine 3, 4.
- Strong understanding of colour grading, PBR and Linear workflows
- Familiar with relevant software such as Photoshop, After Effects, or equivalent.
Preferred candidates have:
- Previous game development experience
- Solid understanding of environmental art and pipeline
- Good understanding of texture and material quality
- Interest in cinematography/photography