Advanced Database Administrator
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Database Administrator to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
The Platform and Operations Division of Hi-Rez Studios is responsible for the development and support of programs that affect all Hi-Rez Products. Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins & Tribes: Ascend, as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our DBA's do:
- Maintain SQL development and production environments to ensure maximum uptime and business confidence
- Work with programmers to develop and optimize queries used by the games and ancillary systems
Who we are looking for:
- 10+ years of IT operation, with understanding of database structures, theories, principles and practices.
- 8-10+ years of Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator experience, SQL 2016 & Azure (Hyperscale and Managed Instance)
- Strong knowledge of SQL, stored procedures and table partitioning
- Experience with nosql databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra) a plus
- Monitor and validate that the various database backup operations are successful
- Maintain, create, and monitor various database processes
- Proactively monitor the system hardware utilization, make capacity planning periodically for database systems
- Establish and maintain appropriate end-user database access control levels, actively monitor the databases to ensure secure availability.
- Create, maintain and extend database scripts which are used in answering business questions or processing database changes
- Technical documentation skills
- Team-oriented but self-motivated
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong work ethic
- Problem solver - able to balance the pragmatic with the theoretical