Video Game Programmer
Heavy Iron Studios wants you to help us build the future! We are looking for a Gameplay Programmer who has what it takes to make a difference on our team.
This position is responsible for a broad range of game programming duties from writing low-level platform-specific code and extending our game engine to graphics programming and implementing and tuning gameplay features. We are looking for a talented C/C++ programmer who will fit well with our team and help us make great games.
Our culture promotes collaboration and we enjoy working together. We are always looking for exceptional talent for our team. We want to hear from you if you meet the qualifications and have an interest in working on exciting projects. We pride ourselves on creating quality and timely products for our partners and players. We love making great games!
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, a related discipline or 4 years of equivalent relevant work experience
- At least two previously shipped titles
- Experience building on game consoles or iOS in C++
- Excellent C/C++ skills
- Thorough understanding of 3D math
- Strong problem solving ability
- Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, in a team environment
- A passion to create and to work with creative teammates to build something outstanding
- Good all-around knowledge of computer game technology
- Proficiency in C#
- Experience developing on Xbox One or PlayStation 4
- Graphics programming experience using DirectX 11, OpenGL or Metal
- Experience designing and implementing user interfaces and tools
- Experience writing networked game code and systems
- Experience using middleware solutions such as Havok, Scaleform or Fmod
- Knowledge of low-level programming such as graphics shaders, multithreading and optimization
- Experience using Maya, the Maya API and MEL/Python scripting
- Experience with Unreal UDK and Unreal Script programming
- A passion for games