(Closed) Publicist Manager
Heaven Media is a marketing agency which delivers campaigns globally. We operate solely within the Gaming and eSports industry with specialist knowledge and experience within this market. Our core services are event management, sponsorships, influencers, social media and content creation, creative services (such as video production and photography), advertising, computer equipment shipping and hire and public relations.
The post holder will assist in leading a proactive publicity strategy for our clients and our own brands. As a key position within the team, you will have the opportunity to interpret client and agency briefs with the aim to meet strategic and commercial objectives. The role requires creative, out-of-the-box ideas, strong media relations skills and an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate will be a passionate PR expert who demonstrates a successful track record in developing PR strategies with strong media connections in the gaming industry.
- Responsible for planning and implementation of PR contracts secured by Heaven Media.
- Assist in offering clear advice to senior stakeholders on issue management and lead, as necessary, on reputational issues.
- Work with clients to plan and develop PR strategies in line with commercial goals to have the maximum impact with relevant media.
- Manage relationship with clients for specific project, setting expectations and understanding their needs.
- Manage PR Campaigns on behalf of the clients, driving forward the implementation of campaigns ensuring that they are kept on track and completed within expected timescales.
- Collaborate with and lead any direct reports within the Heaven Media PR team to deliver a coordinated approach.
- Liaise closely with other team members within Client Services to align business strategy, project management and engage senior management to identify and leverage PR opportunities to support clients and own brand business objectives.
- Mentor and guide junior members of staff, helping them to grow within their roles
- Manage key relationships with media, journalists, clients and industry contacts.
- Manage and attend media interviews and media events and where required, prepare briefing materials for interviewees for key spokespeople.
- Pitch stories and ideas to media outlets on behalf of the client.
- Build and manage day to day relations with media, journalists, clients and the industry contacts.
- Respond quickly to inquiries and manage a schedule of regular communication.
- Organising and managing press days, launches, photoshoots, and briefings.
- Arrange publicity opportunities such as speaking engagements, appearances and interviews.
- Draft talking points for the client and help them prepare for press visits, conferences and interviews.
- Write, edit and distribute emails, press releases, newsletters, brochures and other press material and assets.
- Participate in meetings with clients and other team members.
- To assist on and deliver innovative, creative and proactive publicity across the portfolio, making sure that you generate targeted, effective coverage.
- Monitor coverage for clients and their competitors to drive campaign strategy.
- Monitor the press/public’s opinions on clients and client’s products and formulate client reporting documents.
- Communicate client strategies, feedback and issues to the wider PR team.
- Contribute to and maintain a centralised contacts database.
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
- A minimum of 3-4 years experience delivering high impact gaming B2B PR & communications.
- You'll have a proven record of generating press coverage and a good understanding of the media environment as well as the news gathering process.
- Ability to work on multiple client projects simultaneously, whilst maintaining client relations and hitting deadlines.
- You'll have experience of effective, creative communications with an excellent news sense and the ability to write crisp, clear and lively press releases and copy which stimulates both press and public interest.
- A flexible approach to change working hours and adapt to business needs, attending events onsite including evenings and weekends as required.
- A natural ability to build strong relationships with clients through your positive attitude and enthusiasm for achieving results.
- You will have excellent writing and editing skills. Good communication, negotiation and people skills are also vital.
Desirable Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline including marketing, communications or business or equivalent experience within communications
- Experience in the gaming industry would be highly beneficial.
- Passion for gaming and the industry around it.
- Ability to work autonomously, under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Ability to multitask and prioritise