Public Relations Manager
Requirements: Please do not apply if you do not possess similar agency and/or in-house marketing experience within the gaming, esports or gambling industry.
The post holder will lead a proactive publicity strategy for our clients and our own brands. As a key position within the team, you will have the opportunity to interpret client and agency briefs with the aim to meet branding and commercial objectives. The role requires creative, out-of-the-box ideas, strong media relations skills and an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate will be a passionate PR expert who demonstrates a successful track record with strong media connections in the gaming industry.
- Responsible for planning and implementation of PR contracts secured by Heaven Media.
- Offer clear advice to senior stakeholders on issue management and lead, as necessary, on reputational issues.
- Collaborate with and lead any direct reports within the Heaven Media PR team to deliver a coordinated approach.
- Liaise closely with other team members within Client Services to align business strategy, project management and engage senior management to identify and leverage PR opportunities to support clients and own brand business objectives.
- Manage key relationships with media, journalists, clients, and industry contacts.
- Manage and attend media interviews and media events and where required, prepare briefing materials for interviewees for key spokespeople.
- Pitch stories and ideas to media outlets on behalf of the client.
- Build and manage day to day relations with media, journalists, clients, and the industry contacts.
- Respond quickly to inquiries and manage a schedule of regular communication.
- Organising and managing press days, launches, photoshoots, and briefings.
- Arrange publicity opportunities such as speaking engagements, appearances, and interviews.
- Draft talking points for the client and help them prepare for press visits, conferences, and interviews.
- Write, edit, and distribute emails, press releases, newsletters, brochures and other press material and assets.
- Participate in meetings with clients and other team members.
- To assist on and deliver innovative, creative, and proactive publicity across the portfolio, making sure that you generate targeted, effective coverage.
- Monitor coverage for clients and their competitors to drive campaign strategy.
- Monitor the press/public’s opinions on clients and client’s products and formulate client reporting documents.
- Communicate client strategies, feedback, and issues to the wider PR team.
- Contribute to and maintain a centralised contacts database.
- Deliver monthly PR reports to clients analysing campaign progress to strengthen relationships and adapt strategies accordingly.
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
- A minimum of 3-4 years of experience delivering high impact gaming B2B PR & communications.
- You will have a proven record of generating press coverage and a good understanding of the media environment as well as the news gathering process.
- Ability to work on multiple client projects simultaneously, whilst maintaining client relations and hitting deadlines.
- You will have experience of effective, creative communications with an excellent news sense and the ability to write crisp, clear, and lively press releases and copy which stimulates both press and public interest.
- A flexible approach to change working hours and adapt to business needs, attending events onsite including evenings and weekends as required.
- A natural ability to build strong relationships with clients through your positive attitude and enthusiasm for achieving results.
- You will have excellent writing and editing skills. Good communication, negotiation and people skills are also vital.