(Closed) Esports Coach, League of Legends
We seek applicants for a part-time position to oversee the College’s new esports program and lead the League of Legends team with an emphasis on developing successful student athletes.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Schedule, organize, and oversee League of Legends events and practices
- Actively recruit student athletes
- Monitor student athletes’ satisfactory progress toward academic goals
- Remain current on National Association of Collegiate Esports (NACE) rules and regulations
- Assist with budget management and fundraising
- Associate’s degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of League of Legends competitive play
- Demonstrated ability to coach teams of students
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with ability to recruit student athletes
- Ability to work effectively with students, staff, and public, and represent the College in a professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of local esports community, specifically high school programs
- Collegiate or professional playing experience
- Experience in higher education generally, and at community colleges specifically
- Experience in the following areas
- events scheduling
- recruitment and transfer process for student athletes
- budget development and oversight
Review of applications will be ongoing until position is filled. For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.