Heart Machine needs a Community Manager who has a drive to build relationships while staying engaged and organized. You’ll be a conduit between our studio and our audience, managing conversations and feedback to help build trust and further bolster our community and empower our development process.
Your love for games and the communities around them will help you to further strategize with our creative team members in development, marketing and planning for current and future products, digital and physical. Become part of our award-winning team to help build incredible worlds!
- Monitor and moderate user-generated content from all channels to maintain positive environments to participate in
- Support owners of our products with troubleshooting (orders and bugs) and build + maintain a knowledge-base of answers
- Create and communicate comprehensive reports on community feedback, issues, concerns and trends to Leads and Directors at the company in order to address the needs of the community and keep our studio aware
- Work with our Publishing partners to facilitate marketing plans and representation of our brand and community interests
- Develop content (events, posts, streams) and messaging to be published through all of our channels - social media, sites, community forums
- Manage our relationships with community partners - external forums and fan sites/fan products
- Make sure all Heart Machine standards, policies, and processes are followed across all of our external (social media and otherwise) interactions
Your Qualifications + Skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience in social media management - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the game industry - in community management, customer support, QA or other related divisions
- Great interpersonal communication skills and a strong customer service mindset
- Great writing skills for announcements and posts - humor is a major plus!
- Capable of communicating clearly and working quickly and decisively in a high-functioning work environment
- Highly (self) motivated and organized
- A deep passion for video games and deep understanding of Hyper Light Drifter (plus willingness to learn about our upcoming projects)
- Comfortable speaking publicly online and in person
- (After the pandemic) Willingness to travel and attend events
Heart Machine Offers
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Flexibility in work location(s)
Send your application to the email at the apply button below with the title "Community Manager". Please provide these items with your application email:
- Updated resume
- Short piece about your qualifications and experience, including the games you love and your inspirations
- Any examples of your work in community management and/or social media
All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.