Level Design Lead
Hazelight is an independently owned game development studio led by Josef Fares director and writer of A Way Out, Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons, and our upcoming game It Takes Two.
At Hazelight we like to push creative boundaries by constantly exploring new interesting concepts. Story-driven games and extraordinary experiences will always be the focus of our creations.
We have a unique opportunity to join our studio as a Level Design Lead. You might be wondering what does a level design lead do at Hazelight? in this role, you will supervise and collaborate with a team of talented level designers and other game developers.
At Hazelight all designers have a lot of creative freedom and ownership over their own work. As a lead, you will be the person who will be planning, guiding, and mentoring each level designer, as well as feedbacking over their creations. Another part of the role will be spent working hands-on as a level designer, this would entail prototyping ideas, implementing gameplay mechanics, and creating levels with interesting game design concepts in close collaboration with the creative director and other teams.
What type of skills we look for:
- At least 5+ years of experience in level design with at least one shipped title, participating in all parts of a development cycle.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine, Blueprints, or another game engine.
- Excellent understanding of level design. You have a firm grasp of how to engage the player through the game.
- Strong interest in game design.
- A true team player, you are able to collaborate with the entire team in the pursuit of always finding the best possible solutions for the game.
- Experience leading a team is preferable but not required as long as you have strong people skills, are able to communicate ideas clearly, and foster a positive team environment where people feel comfortable & safe.
Nice to have:
- Previous professional experience with Game design is a big plus
If you like what you hear so far then we’d love to hear from you, please send your application with an introduction letter telling us a little bit about yourself, CV + portfolio (in English).