Product Designer - Games
At Hasbro we’re changing the face of play and entertainment. We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of community, passion, integrity, creativity and inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years and we believe the best if yet to come.
The Hasbro Gaming team has an immediate need for a creative and collaborative Product Designer!
In this role, you would be tasked to work with the world’s best talent to invent, innovate, and inspire game-changing new products. In this role you will contribute to all aspects of the design process, creating unique gameplay solutions and hilarious social experiences. Work with an amazing cross-functional team of graphic designers, brand writers, engineers, project managers and marketers to bring new, exciting games to market, delighting all ages from children to adults.
A day in the life as a Product Designer for Games…
- Brainstorm amazing new game ideas and consistently apply on-trend design insight
- Create innovative, robust, user-oriented and consumer-centric game and play experiences.
- Meet with partners across multiple functions, including graphic design, brand writing, engineering and marketing to develop new Games and the stories that bring them to life.
- Be a key contributor in the overall project and technical Design & Development efforts of multiple brands/product lines. This can include sketching design concepts, building models, filming and editing pitch videos, and consumer testing.
- Generate & deliver comprehensive design specs and documentation in a timely manner
- Understand and contribute to overall brand team design vision
- Be ready for the unexpected, have fun every day, and play lots of games!
What you’ll bring…
- Great ideation capabilities, both alone and in group settings; the ability to lead brainstorming sessions and drive progress, turning key insights into jaw-dropping product executions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and communicate complex ideas efficiently and engagingly.
- Excellent mock-up/crafting/model making skills to iteratively test ideas through building and playing.
- Comfort with multitasking -- the ability to juggle multiple projects at various stages of development and pick up/put down projects as necessary. Tech savvy, curious tinkerer with a proficient knowledge of current social and technical trends
- Desire and aptitude to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing, fast-paced, collaborative creative environment
- Disciplined, self-managed, and self-motivated with a strong can-do work ethic
- Engaging personality, great sense of humor, willingness to have fun!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Toy or Game Design, Industrial Design, or comparable field of study
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience within a design role, preferably within the toy and/or entertainment industry
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator is required. Proficiency in Rhino/SolidWorks/zBrush and Premiere/After Effects a definite plus.
- Advanced knowledge/expertise within game design is highly preferred.
- Manufacturing knowledge and a understanding of how things are made.
Hasbro’s world-class brands and talented people are our greatest assets. One of the ways we invest in you is through a competitive and contemporary benefits package. Your particular benefits package will depend on your position, location, local legal requirements and years with the company. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Half-day Fridays year round, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Team Hasbro Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Toy Discounts and more!
Hasbro is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.