Unity Generalist Engineer
Harebrained Schemes is looking for a Unity Generalist Engineer with a strong technical eye to assist in closing bugs, connecting game features, and adding polish where needed.
This is a remote or on-site, temporary (contract) full-time role that will run through 2022
(Please note that we are currently working from home due to Covid-19. We will return to the office in stages when it is safe to do so. In the meantime, all interviews will be done virtually.)
What You’ll Do
- Work with the team to support a wide variety of feature and application needs
Write runtime C# Unity scripts for game features and business needs
- Write runtime C# scripts to drive UI/UX interactions and help maintain Prefabs
- Keep up to date on Unity features and technology
- Debug existing features for bugs, and performance issues.
- Produce functional, maintainable code that meets performance requirements
- Engage in code review of existing and new code to improve code quality whenever possible.
- Assist with improving existing documentation as well as ensuring consistent documentation and adherence to coding standards in newly developed code.
- Collaborate with the Engineering, QA, and Production teams to maximize your contributions.
- Provide achievable task estimations based on your own ability.
What You’ll Bring
- You’ve worked on a variety of projects - big or small, indie or 1st party, PC or console or mobile, licensed or new IP, etc. - to understand the breadth of issues you have to anticipate and know that every project is different
- You have proficient Unity development experience.
- You are proficient in C#
- You have a working knowledge of game technologies and tools.
- You’re comfortable working in a large existing code-base with excellent code comprehension and a willingness to refactor as needed.
- You have good communication skills
Additional Qualifications (Nice to Have)
- You’ve shipped a modern Unity title
- You have a broad knowledge of game technologies and tools.
Employment Eligibility Requirement
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible.
What to Expect at HBS
All HBS employees
- Contribute respectfully with empathy, emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Can work collaboratively in a team as well as independently
- Are able to be self-directed in their work and learning
- Bring a growth mindset to the work they do
Working at HBS Means
- Work-life balance: a work family that doesn’t replace your family-family
- Flexible workday hours and work-from-home opportunities
- Time off when you need it: a wellness-first and family-first mindset
- High transparency and easy access to studio leadership
- Generous medical, dental, vision, EAP, FSA, and both short & long-term disability
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays including the week between Christmas and New Years Day
- Easy access off I-405 and free parking
- Skilled, passionate, and fun co-workers
You should apply to work at HBS if you want to
Make amazing game experiences with co-workers who are just as passionate about their craft as you are
Be part of a project where everyone can have significant impact
Join a warm, inclusive and diverse team, with a respectful and collaborative culture
Evolve and learn with us in a growth-mindset environment