Software Engineer (Release Team)
What We Need:
We are looking for a Software Engineer who enjoys a collaborative and creative working environment. Do you have a passion and curiosity towards debugging and problem solving? If so…our proprietary game engine, tools, and games are waiting for you!!
What You Will Do:
- Be part of a new Release team that handles both internal (Proprietary engine and tools) and external (shipping games and handling live updates) releases.
- You will work with proprietary existing software technology.
- Coordinating and maintaining merges in Perforce.
- Work closely with QA, engineering teams and content creators to debug and fix found issues.
- Gain familiarity with a wide range of our code base.
- Suggest and build improvements in our engine and pipelines to smooth the release processes.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- 1+ years of programming experience working in industry using Commercial software projects.
- Experience in C++
- Experience with Version control systems, especially Perforce
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Ability to quickly and effectively understand and work with other Engineers’ code
- Good communication skills
Nice To Have:
- Experience with QA collaboration and products testing and releasing processes.
- Experience crawling through Perforce revision graphs
- Experience with multi-processor programming
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Experience developing for game consoles (Xbox One/Series X and PS4/5)
Who We Are:
- Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
- Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
- We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
- Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
- So bring your talent,
- Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
- And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic's second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.