Senior Technical Animator - Gameplay
What We Need
We are looking for a talented technical animator who is adept at problem solving, and enthusiastic about working with the unique challenges and opportunities presented by proprietary tech.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate interdepartmentally to establish, refine, and optimize pipelines and procedures.
- Create Animation and Art tools for artists and animators.
- Work with all aspects of the animation export and implementation pipeline.
- Work with TDs to integrate final character rigs in game.
- Manage online Animation databases, including cleaning up of obsolete data and optimizing workflow.
- Communicate with Design and Engineering to better anticipate and advise on animation related technical issues.
- Help generate and setup assets needed for the game’s animation systems. This includes overlays, mirror tables, and templates, as well as designing animation system flow through visual scripting.
- Occasional creation of visual scripts for world interactions.
- Work with animators to resolve any roadblocks to their workflow.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit
You are someone who can see the bigger picture, but also not lose track of the nitty gritty details. Someone who is comfortable planning expandable pipelines, as well as implementing ad hoc fixes that are needed for rapid prototyping. But also, quick to learn about and integrate new systems and tech. Most importantly you are responsive, self-initiating, and work well with others.
- Degree in Computer Animation, Computer Science or related experience.
- 5+ years’ experience working in the games industry with a focus on animation game systems.
- Expert in an industry standard scripting language.
- Solid knowledge of Python, C#, C++, Java, etc.
- Experience with building animation systems such as Animation Blueprints, Mechanim, Morpheme, or other comparable systems.
- 1-3 Shipped AAA games.
- Expert knowledge of Maya or Motionbuilder.
- Strong creative and technical problem solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively.
Nice To Haves
- Comfortable with version control software, particularly Perforce.
- Familiar with asset/ Task tracking clients like JIRA and Shotgun.
- Familiar with Havok and or FBX SDK.
Who We Are
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.