Senior Systems Engineer
Hangar 13 is looking for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to help with developing competitive in-house game engine.
What You Will Do:
- Participate on development of low level systems like streaming, generic serialization, entity system, navigation, physics integration and more
- Provide technical designs for new features and/or changes in engine
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Mentor less experienced engineers and help them improve their programming skills
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- Experience developing for games; preferably action, FPS or 3PS titles
- At least one shipped AAA game
- Experience with multi-processor programming
- Experience developing for game consoles
- Experience working on core systems
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Expertise in C / C++
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Open world games experience
- Experience with Xbox One and PS4
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 30 minutes north of San Francisco and 30 minutes south of Napa Valley wine country, Hangar 13’s Novato location has found its home within 2K’s headquarters in Northern California. Situated in Hamilton Landing inside a renovated United States Air Force base hangar, you will find our talented and passionate team within invigorating Marin County. You can walk out the door and explore famous hiking and mountain biking trails as well as the gorgeous coastline. In addition to working in an exceptional setting conducive to Hangar 13’s inclusive and creatively diverse work environment, the Bay Area also provides employees with access to vibrant nightlife, world-class cuisine, local farmers markets, great public schools, and cultural metropolitan experiences. Onsite amenities include fully equipped break areas, company sponsored food trucks and raffle prizes, new state of the art gym, subsidized fitness classes and massage therapy, electric car charging stations and much more! We are only 5 minutes off of highway 101 and a 15-minute walk from the nearest SMART station.