Senior Rendering Engineer
Hangar 13 is looking for a seasoned graphics programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of cutting-edge 3D graphics. Research, develop, implement, and debug high-end and photorealistic graphics techniques applicable to characters and large-scale environments.
What You Will Do
- Working at senior level in a team of friendly and talented rendering engineers, you will be responsible for the implementation of cutting-edge rendering techniques
- Advance our proven proprietary rendering pipeline to new technical heights
- Collaborate closely with Art departments to bring the creative vision of our games to life
- Research coding techniques and algorithms to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of programming experience on graphics programming
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles
- Expert knowledge of Real Rime Rendering techniques in relation to lighting and visual effects
- Proficiency with modern Graphics API’s and related Profiling Tools
- Strong knowledge of 3D Math, Linear Algebra
- Mastery of C++, with excellent multi-threaded programming techniques
- Ability to research, navigate and improve within a large codebase
- Self-direction, focus, outcome-oriented thinking, resourceful problem-solving skills
Who We Are
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!