Hangar 13 is looking for an experienced Senior Producer to lead the development of a key title on the Novato team. We are looking above all else for an exceptional communicator with experience working across multiple locations, as well as someone who cares deeply about nurturing and developing team culture.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with Production Leads, Directors, and Leads to define milestone and sprint deliverables for the team and then drive the successful delivery of all objectives.
- Ensure that the work being planned is prioritized in line with the creative vision and seek feedback from key stakeholders when appropriate, need to be able to maintain a roadmap and backlog of future work.
- Assist in managing and optimizing production process and workflows.
- Be a mentor to producers and Associate producers and provide leadership and constructive feedback when needed, setting developmental objectives and delivering regular constructive feedback through 1:1 meetings.
- Act as the point person for the testing process with internal QA teams
- Coordinate with other production to ensure that dependencies are known and accounted. Present your teams’ successes at full team meetings and represent progress at the relevant leads and directors’ meetings.
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- 6+ years’ experience in internal game development within a Production role
- Experience working with artists and be able to problem solve.
- Experience with AAA console and PC titles at all stages of development
- Experience working with cross-site teams
- Ability to interface with and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills
- Familiarity with the gaming market and industry trends, as they relate to game development and market research
- Familiarity with project tracking software, such as JIRA, hansoft, and/or Shotgun
- Must display resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
- Quick learner, able to pick up new tools and technologies and learn new processes quickly and without missing a stride
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as assigned by senior management
- Strong problem solving skills
- Highly organised. Able to self-prioritize and keep on an assigned track without constant supervision
- Ability to identify and analyze risk while providing mitigation support
- Ability to put together briefs and work closely with our Outsourcing department on creating and maintaining smooth asset pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with proprietary game engines and toolsets
- Experience working in startup or early-stage teams
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 30 minutes north of San Francisco and 30 minutes south of Napa Valley wine country, Hangar 13’s Novato location has found its home within 2K’s headquarters in Northern California. Situated in Hamilton Landing inside a renovated United States Air Force base hangar, you will find our talented and passionate team within invigorating Marin County. You can walk out the door and explore famous hiking and mountain biking trails as well as the gorgeous coastline. In addition to working in an exceptional setting conducive to Hangar 13’s inclusive and creatively diverse work environment, the Bay Area also provides employees with access to vibrant nightlife, world-class cuisine, local farmers markets, great public schools, and cultural metropolitan experiences. Onsite amenities include fully equipped break areas, company sponsored food trucks and raffle prizes, new state of the art gym, subsidized fitness classes and massage therapy, electric car charging stations and much more! We are only 5 minutes off of highway 101 and a 15-minute walk from the nearest SMART station.