What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a Material Artist to help build spectacular and realistic materials to use within our high-end real-time engine. We would like to hire a talented colleague with artistic and technical knowledge to show strong attention to detail focusing on believability and overall aesthetic composition. A motivated Artist with a strong portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of materials using both procedural and 3D sculpted techniques. This is an outstanding opportunity to work side-by-side with great talent at Hangar 13’s Brno team location.
What You Will Do:
- Produce high quality benchmark textures/materials using Substance Designer.
- Collaborate on the development and maintenance of material library.
- Use and improve our material pipelines and workflows.
- Work in partnership with Art, Technical Artist and Engineering teams to develop advanced proprietary shader and material technology.
- Match art styles defined by the art director/concept art.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- A portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities, highlighting materials and textures
- In-depth understanding of procedural texturing techniques.
- Deep understanding of PBR rendering and material, surface / light interactions.
- Knowledge of color composition, color theory and materials.
- Sculpting skills and experience baking textures from high-res meshes.
- Working experience with shader networks.
- Proficiency in Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and Photoshop.
- Experience with 3D graphics programs (Maya/3ds Max/ZBrush).
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively.
- A strong ability to learn new areas of development.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with photogrammetry
- Traditional or digital drawing/painting skills
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool like Hansoft, Jira, ShotGrid (former Shotgun), Trello, etc.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.