Hard Surface Artist
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a talented Hard Surface Artist with a stunning portfolio that demonstrates expertise in hard surface modelling, but also strong organic forms. We expect you to have a passion for games as well as demonstrate a clear knowledge of current modelling and texturing practices. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with great talent at Hangar 13’s Brno team location and work on an exciting new AAA IP.
What You Will Do:
- Create and design a wide range of high-quality assets (high-poly and low-poly versions) and ensuring their efficient integration in the game.
- Work with the Lead Hard Surface Artist, designers & all involved disciplines to create production quality assets matching the art and style of the game.
- Work extensively with the technical art team on certain aspects of the project which will involve the iteration of assets & collaboration across multiple locations.
- Sketch in 3D and iterate in the design phases in order to give visibility to all involved parties (always comes in handy).
- Help concept artists design structures using experience and modelling expertise or occasionally create your own concepts based on Project Art Style.
- Share knowledge about hard surface modelling among character team members.
Who We Think Will Be a Good Fit:
- Portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- Experience in a similar role (hard surface modelling) in videogames industry
- Deep understanding of mechanical engineering, functionality, and design
- Game experience in 3D modelling in Maya and 3DSMax
- Experience working with Zbrush
- Experience with Substance Painter/Designer & PBR workflows
- Strong UV unwrapping and mapping skills for hardsurface
- Strong technical skills and understanding of modern game art pipelines and methodologies
- Willingness to improve workflows for the project’s benefit
- Minimum one year of experience in game industry
- Communicative knowledge of English
- Genuine team player with a positive attitude
- Passion for videogames and knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
Nice to Have:
- CAD modelling knowledge
- Feeling comfortable modelling organic hardsurface
- Overpaint experience for quick representation of feedback
- Understanding of how rigging works in Maya
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, etc.)
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.