What We Need:
Hangar 13 is in search of a highly skilled and experienced Senior Gameplay Designer (3Cs) to help us shape one of our future AAA projects.
What You Will Do:
- Design and write specifications, support implementation and tune gameplay, player controls and feel, and other related systems.
- Work with the team to define the high-level goals for gameplay or 3Cs systems
- Work with engineers and animators to implement, tune and balance gameplay or 3Cs systems
- Identify and design tools needed for quick and efficient iterations
- Analyze, validate and incorporate feedback from the team and external user testing
- Evangelize core features to the rest of the team and help develop best practice for others working with gameplay or 3Cs systems
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- 2+ years of experience in internal game development, with emphasis on Gameplay or 3Cs design
- At least 1 shipped title
- Experience and deep working knowledge of animation or gameplay systems
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools
- Innovative thinker with creative problem solving skills
- Experience in online multiplayer games
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
- Ability to work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment, while delivering under deadlines and time constraints
Who We Are:
- Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
- Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
- We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
- Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
- A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
- So bring your talent,
- Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
- And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located just 30 minutes north of San Francisco and 30 minutes south of Napa Valley wine country, Hangar 13’s Novato location has found its home within 2K’s headquarters in Northern California. Situated in Hamilton Landing inside a renovated United States Air Force base hangar, you will find our talented and passionate team within invigorating Marin County. You can walk out the door and explore famous hiking and mountain biking trails as well as the gorgeous coastline. In addition to working in an exceptional setting conducive to Hangar 13’s inclusive and creatively diverse work environment, the Bay Area also provides employees with access to vibrant nightlife, world-class cuisine, local farmers markets, great public schools, and cultural metropolitan experiences. Onsite amenities include fully equipped break areas, company sponsored food trucks and raffle prizes, new state of the art gym, subsidized fitness classes and massage therapy, electric car charging stations and much more! We are only 5 minutes off of highway 101 and a 15-minute walk from the nearest SMART station.