Halon Entertainment is a premier visualization company with works on many game cinematics. We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Technical Animator for exciting, high profile video game cinematic projects.
About the Role
This position works with the Pipeline TD and is responsible for the technical maintenance of Game Cinematic projects and advance the capabilities of the facility. Each project presents new challenges; therefore you will be tasked with addressing production obstacles.
The Technical Animator will be an excellent problem solver with strong and varying technical knowledge and a solid understanding of the Game Animation pipeline.
Our studio is primarily Windows environment, using Maya, Unreal, Motionbuilder, and Shotgun amongst many other tools.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the Pipeline team in the development of and integration of tools to support Game Cinematic Projects.
- Work closely with Artists to troubleshoot and fix problems arising in the course of production
- Creating and maintaining game animation pipeline tools
- Provide constant technical support the Game Cinematics team
- Assist artists with skinning and rigging of characters, including for facial animation
- Integrate off the shelf and custom applications into an efficient production pipeline
- Create technical and end user documentation for assets, tools, techniques and workflows
- Educate and involve crew in pipeline tool use.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years industry experience in Technical Animator role
- Solid understanding of animation production pipelines for technical, motion capture, and character animation
- Solid understanding of a game cinematic pipeline
- Solid understanding of Python
- Solid understanding of version control systems: Perforce, Git, SVN
- Strong knowledge of Maya character rigging and facial rigging
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Familiar with other Game Engines
- Familiar with working with Outsourcers and the delivery process
- Able to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Able to take direction, collaborate and be a team player
- Ability to operate autonomously as well as part of a team
Being a member of Halon Entertainment entitles you to participation in our health care plan (with employer contributions), dental and vision coverage, life insurance, vacation and sick pay, craft services (snacks, beverages, food), support of continuing education and training (Studio Arts classes, online training, industry partner events), and career growth opportunities. We are proud of our culture. We believe in treating people with respect and supporting their artistic and professional goals. In addition to working with some of the most talented people on big budget, feature films and AAA games.
Halon Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Halon Entertainment participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All documents provided for proof of work authorization must be current and unexpired. We cannot accept expired proof of identity.
If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Halon is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.