Frankfurt or Kyiv
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent developer working on its next-generation multiplayer shooter IP in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by Ex-Crytek board member, CSO Alexander Zoll, together with serial entrepreneur and CEO, Vlad Korolev. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent come from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers, including Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ and more. Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp joined Gunzilla as Chief Visionary Officer. In addition, the team features industry veterans like video game writer Olivier Henriot who helped shape the story of such notable games such as Assassin’s Creed, The Division, Far Cry and many more, and Richard K. Morgan, the author of the Altered Carbon series, which has since been adapted into a popular Netflix show. Gunzilla’s Chief Technology Officer Timur Davidenko led the development of CryEngine as Technical Director, and worked on Far Cry, Warface and Crysis. Art Director Jussi Keteli was involved in the iconic Gears of War series, Star Citizen and Hunt: Showdown.
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
- To oversee Gameplay, Tech Animation and Cinematics teams
- Provide animation direction to ensure the quality of the gameplay animation is in line with the Game Director's vision and set deadlines.
- To Partner with an A-list director, working together on the high-level story concept and stellar dialogue.
- Touch base with the animation teams, take part in animation reviews and dallies
- Identifying potential problems in the gameplay animation/Cinematics pipeline and working with the key stakeholders to prevent them.
- Help ensure that the Vision and Game directors' vision is fulfilled by your team
- Planning Milestone goals with Directors and Product Owners while helping define planning schedules
- Identify the right approach, providing routes to solving problems quickly, efficiently and at a high quality.
- Evaluate performances and help guide your teams into their career paths. A big part of the job is to help your team grow all together
- Delivered at least 1 full project AAA title as an Animation Director or Equivalent (Animation Sup, Animation Lead, etc)
- Have experience overseeing and supervising a large amount of animation content on a project
- Knowledge of current DCC packages and engines used by Animation and Tech animation teams
- A thorough understanding of animation theory and technique.
- A deep understanding of body mechanics and animation applied to storytelling
- Good communication skills with the ability to visualize creative ideas and collaborate in a multidisciplinary team environment giving & taking direction, critiques, and constructive feedback
- Experience and understanding of Unreal Engine
- Previous experience as an animator in Games, Film/VFX/TV
- Video games! You love them
- Experience in directing both gameplay and cinematic teams
- Experience with animation review tools like Syncsketch and RV/Shotgrid
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
- Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
- If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
- After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
- Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
- Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
- If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.