Senior Software Engineer (Game Programming)
Located in Southern California, GungHo Online Entertainment America Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of the Japanese game company GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. Publishing titles across multiple platforms ranging from console to handheld and mobile, our group is comprised of veterans from various aspects of the industry brought together by one simple thing: a love of gaming.
During this Covid-19 pandemic, we are following CA State and LA county orders and temporary working from home. Candidates may apply and work remotely at this time, but will be expected to move to Los Angeles at such a time when it is deemed safe and permissible by CA State and LA county.
This position is responsible for coordinating the community strategy and best practices across all titles, with the objective of growing player base while maintaining a high level of engagement and customer satisfaction. Community Manager/Community Coordinator will be a well-versed writer and communicator, have experience with social media and marketing concepts, and will collaborate with the Product and Customer Support teams to ensure the quality and development of the games’ success.
What you’ll be doing:
Architect and implement medium to large features for our games using Unreal
- Make sure that features are implemented to support the designed goal, with sufficient room to change and grow.
- Make sure that features are also implemented correctly internally.
- Ensure efficient and timely implementation.
- Be able to ask questions when necessary, and fill in the gaps when given partial designs and specs.
- When implementing user facing features, make sure that the end result feels good to the user.
Ensure that projects are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Recommend solutions and approve schedules for development projects.
- Communicate to management regarding future recruitment needs to ensure that the team is sufficiently staffed.
Help manage the Development Department
- Supervise and participate in all aspects of internal and external projects (e.g. staffing, technology, tools, etc.).
- Manage employees working in the department and their workloads.
- Responsible for the performance management of direct reports.
- Provide code reviews and detailed feedback to the team.
Continue to learn, grow, and stay up to date with latest technology
- Stay up to date and be able to advise the company regarding latest tools and technologies.
Actively participate in recruitment efforts
- Conduct phone and in-person interviews and evaluate the technical skill set of potential candidates.
- Assist HR with hiring decisions and train new hires to ensure retention.
Other & Miscellaneous
- Attend industry conferences for networking and information gathering purposes.
- Meet with Third Party vendors to evaluate external tools and services.
- Perform special projects and other miscellaneous duties that are assigned by upper management.
- Travel on business or works beyond normal work hours when necessary.
Qualifications / desired experience:
- B.S. or equivalent in Computer Science, or a very extensive experience in programming.
- In depth knowledge of Unreal and C++.
- Fluency in 3D graphics and shader programming.
- Understanding of memory management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Desire to learn and to grow.
- Ability to work with small, agile team environments.
- Must have a passion for making fun, highly playable games!
Why you want to work here:
At GungHo, we’re enthusiastic about creating fun games and we’re always looking for talented individuals with whom we can share our passion. We’re in a startup phase so we have a highly collaborative, playful, and laid-back culture where everyone wants to work together to get things done. Everyone is a true specialist in his/her own field so you will constantly learn new things from your fellow coworkers while sharing your own knowledge with them.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- Competitive paid time off
GungHo Online Entertainment America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.