Located in Southern California, GungHo Online Entertainment America Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of the Japanese game company GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. Publishing titles across multiple platforms ranging from console to handheld and mobile, our group is comprised of veterans from various aspects of the industry brought together by one simple thing: a love of gaming.
During this Covid-19 pandemic, we are following CA State and LA county orders and temporary working from home. Candidates may apply and work remotely at this time, but will be expected to move to Los Angeles area at such a time when it is deemed safe and permissible by CA State and LA county.
This position is responsible for designing and implementing features for our internally developed titles, as well as general debugging and trouble shooting.
What you will be doing:
- Design, implement and debug code for features and tools needed for our internally developed titles
- Write code for high quality games.
- Work with necessary game engines, specifically Unreal.
- Work with other developers to plan and game features and development processes
- Attend trade shows and live events as needed (e.g. E3, Anime Expo, etc.).
- Test prototypes of future game titles to provide constructive feedback.
- B.S. or equivalent in Computer Science, or a very extensive experience in programming.
- In depth knowledge of Unreal and C++.
- Fluency in 3D graphics and shader programming.
- Understanding of memory management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Desire to learn and to grow.
- Ability to work with small, agile team environments.
- Must have a passion for making fun, highly playable games!
Why you want to work here:
At GungHo, we’re enthusiastic about creating fun games and we’re always looking for talented individuals with whom we can share our passion. We have a highly collaborative culture where everyone wants to work together to get things done!
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match