Senior Environment Artist
Located in Southern California, GungHo Online Entertainment America Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of the Japanese game company GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. Publishing titles across multiple platforms ranging from console to handheld and mobile, our group is comprised of veterans from various aspects of the industry brought together by one simple thing: a love of gaming.
During this Covid-19 pandemic, we are following CA State and LA county orders and temporary working from home. Candidates may apply and work remotely at this time, but will be expected to move to Los Angeles area at such a time when it is deemed safe and permissible by CA State and LA county.
The Senior Environment Artist will be responsible for helping to create high quality 3D environments for our title. The Senior Environment Artist will be responsible for creating models, textures, shaders, and also using them to create complete scenes and environments. The Senior Environment Artist will also be asked to help manage other artists and also work with colleagues of other disciplines to make the title as a whole better.
- Concept, model, and texture highly creative environment art, including natural environments and architecture
- Combining traditional art aesthetics with next gen 3D authoring techniques (including procedural, etc ) to create a unique visual texturing style for environments that push the edge of what is out there.
- Develop a broad range of environments that include trees, architecture, and foliage.
- Working closely with level designers and artists to develop unique play spaces and captivating environments that players love spending time in.
- Troubleshoot levels and maintain them to stay in frame rate, memory, and design spec
- Mentor Junior Artists
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements and Skills:
- 4+ years professional experience concepting, modeling and texturing environments using Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, and Substance Designer/Painter. (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- You know next gen modeling, sculpting and procedural techniques and you know how to use them effectively to create hand crafted and stylized art with allure and appeal.
- Experience with creating Environments in Unreal
- Good communication skills—able to help others and ask for help when needed. Being proactive in sharing info and assets
- Great team-player attitude—being flexible with new ideas, being open to direction and changes. Listening to team mates
- Self-motivated- requires minimal direction, can carry on the vision for the level until completion and commit to deadlines
- Experience teaching Art, and Environment Art in particular, on-line or in person
- Art Leadership experience
- Houdini Experience
Why you want to work here:
At GungHo, we’re enthusiastic about creating fun games and we’re always looking for talented individuals with whom we can share our passion. We have a highly collaborative and playful culture where everyone wants to work together to get things done. We are all specialists in our own field so you will constantly learn new things while sharing your own knowledge with us.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match