Located in Southern California, GungHo Online Entertainment America Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of the Japanese game company GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. Publishing titles across multiple platforms ranging from console to handheld and mobile, our group is comprised of veterans from various aspects of the industry brought together by one simple thing: a love of gaming.
This position is responsible for domestic and global scale, managing all marketing art direction, identifying short-term and long-term growth opportunities, and managing the community strategy and best practices across all titles, with the objective of growing player base while maintaining a high level of engagement and customer satisfaction. Job duties include well-versed writing, communication, knowledge with social media, marketing concepts, enhancing GungHo Online Entertainment America’s reputation, brands, and products in North America through public relations and marketing responsibilities. This manager position will collaborate with all level of colleagues in the company, especially with the Product and Development teams to ensure the quality and development of the games’ success. This position position will manage and supervise the Marketing and Community team.
** This position is a Hybrid position that can work remotely in CA and is expected to come to the office only when it is needed. **
What you’ll be doing:
- Plan and execute press events (e.g. trade shows, conferences, community gatherings, etc.) that are engaging and inclusive by ensuring that the venue, spokespeople, assets, messages, and catering are spot-on.
- Build relationships with major influencers and industries across the spectrum, from broadcast networks to YouTube enthusiasts, through all forms of communications.
- Maintain and develop productive relationships with media to help relay product targeted-messages.
- Responsible for all North American marketing strategies and programs while proposing new initiatives that target the consumer audience in the region.
- Responsible for the budget of all marketing-related efforts.
- Develop long-term roadmaps for trade shows and events, gathering input from all teams to gauge the health and success of brand and marketing campaigns.
- Ensure media insights are provided through qualitative and quantitative research, media audits, and comprehensive coverage reports.
- Identify and propose key strategic alliances with external brands, media, and commercial partners (i.e. Sony with Ghostbusters, Riot with League of Legends, Catalyst for PAX booth, etc.).
- Partner with upper management in forecasting and planning.
- Perform day-to-day research on existing North American players’ feedback on live and launch products’ initiatives, news stories, press releases, and updates.
- Creation of go-to-market strategy plans for all products.
- Own the external and internal PR strategy, including managing agency relationships that guarantee laser-focused PR strategy, outlook, and execution.
- Work together with various internal and external teams to develop key messaging for any product-related press releases, updates, and games
- Become a brand expert on GungHo and GungHo’s published products – understand how to best tell their stories both as separately and as intertwined.
- Manage PR projects, tasks, and schedules and generally pitch as needed.
- Evaluate and advocate new programs and campaigns that elevate and reinforce GungHo’s positioning (e.g. Anime Expo trade show appearance, Freddie Wong video, new official trailer, website design, celebrity endorsements, etc.)
- Partner with product management to create and execute marketing strategies and campaigns, co-promotions, research studies, and marketing assets.
- Serve as the lead in planning, managing, and implementing GungHo America’s business communications.
- Business development
- Community Management Across Company Titles
- Manage employees working in the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of employees within the department.
- Video Production and Image Editing
- Travel on business or works beyond normal work hours when necessary.
Qualifications / desired experience:
- Must have 3+ years of experience in the same or similar position
- Ability to keep current on top grossing games and to understand market dynamics and impacts on business forecasts.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and deliver results
- Ability to use data to develop and measure marketing campaigns
- Excellent Excel skill to analyze data
- Strong communication with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
- Ability to understand the cultural difference in the parent company
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other employees and managers to ensure teamwork
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in leading and managing the marketing team
- Passion for games!
Why you want to work here:
At GungHo, we’re enthusiastic about creating fun games and we’re always looking for talented individuals with whom we can share our passion. We’re in a startup phase so we have a highly collaborative, playful, and laid-back culture where everyone wants to work together to get things done. Everyone is a true specialist in his/her own field so you will constantly learn new things from your fellow coworkers while sharing your own knowledge with them.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- Competitive paid time off
GungHo Online Entertainment America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.